The internet of things
IoT is the next step in making the world a more connected place. Statista projects that by 2025, over 75 billion devices will be connected worldwide. Learn more from Statista
For many business owners, the internet of things (IoT) can help solve business problems using technology. If you make decisions for a business, you may be wondering how to track your valuable assets, where your company cars are, or if your people are safe.
Here are some examples of how people use the internet of things:
- Farmers can gauge soil moisture levels to know when to start irrigating
- Councils can check water quality so they’re aware of any irregularities
- Facilities managers can report the temperature and CO2 levels in meeting rooms for better staff productivity
- Restaurant owners can get an alert if fridges or freezers malfunction
- Construction project managers can track decibel readings onsite to make sure that workers are safe
Looking for technical support?
See our IoT guides for network setup, device configuration and other technical information.
Go to IoT support